- INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING WORKSHOP
Media practitioners in Cameroon wishing to attend a Workshop on Investigative Reporting organized by AFRICAphonie-Cameroon with support from British High Commission are invited to send a Motivation Letter stating in not more than 50 (fifty) words why they wish to attend the workshop and how they will use the knowledge and skills acquired. The Motivation Letter should be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com on or before 30th September 2015 before noon. Only 16 (sixteen) participants shall be selected. Female journalists are encouraged to apply.
- INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM AWARD
An Investigative Reporting (Journalism) Award 2015 has been launched with journalists invited to submit entries in English or French on Investigative Reporting with focus on Human Rights and Governance in Cameroon (stories that break new ground and expose corruption, human rights abuse or misuse of power in the public and private sectors).
The British High Commission has, since 2012, conceived a project called Investigative Journalism Award to support an improved and responsible press that will strengthen the foundations of freedom of expression in Cameroon. The award runs a competition open to all journalists working in Cameroon. The competition gives awards to top three journalists who produce the best investigative journalism pieces on one or both themes: “Corruption or Human Rights”. This year’s (2015) award is being implemented by AFRICAphonie-Cameroon.
The award is open to all journalists of the print and audio-visual media who are either freelancers or are employed by a local media organization in Cameroon.
- The submitted work must have been published in English or French between 1st June and 31st October 2015.
- Submitted scripts (written press or online) should be no shorter than 3 (three) pages and no longer than 5 (five) pages typed on Font size 12 (Times New Romans) and double line spacing, while radio and television entries should be no shorter than 5 (five) minutes and no longer than 10 (ten) minutes e-mailed on Mp3 format or Windows media player format.
- For applicants submitting a radio or TV article, the associated script must be attached.
- Applicants can only enter once and only through one medium (print, audio or video)
- The address of the applicant, name of media house or freelancer should be clearly written at the bottom of the last page of the script (associated script for radio and TV applicants) with enough space for it to be detached during the marking exercise.
- Applicants who do not fulfill the above conditions will be automatically disqualified
- Plagiarized works shall be disqualified.
- No work submitted for consideration for the Award shall be returned.
1st Prize: 500.000 Francs2nd Prize: 300.000 Francs3rd Prize: 150.000 Francs
All entries should be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st October 2015 before noon. Female journalists are encouraged to enter.
Tel: 677668479 or 697793903
17th September 2015